Direct wear-contact task for radial sliding bearing
The paper presents an approximate solution of the wear-contact problem for a cylindrical sliding bearing. The law of wear is adopted in a dimensionless form, depending on the determining factors: contact pressure and sliding speed. The law of wear also includes: the coefficient of friction, the modulus of elasticity of the material of the bearing, the gap in the bearing and the thermal diffusivity of the material of the bearing. For the calculation, an approximate relationship was used for maximum contact pressures in the bearing. To simplify the geometric dependence of normal wear on the contact angle, the decomposition of trigonometric functions into a power series was used.
2. Soldatenkov, I.A. (2010). Evolution of contact pressure during wear of the coating in a thrust sliding bearing. Journal of Friction and Wear, 31(2), 102-106. doi:10.3103/S1068366610020029
3. Goryacheva, I.G. & Mezrin, A.M. Simulation of combined wearing of the shaft and bush in a heavily loaded sliding bearing J. Frict. Wear (2011) 32: 1. doi:10.3103/S1068366611010053
4. Soldatenkov I. A., Mezrin A. M., Sachek B. Ya. Implementation of asymptotics of the wear contact problem solution for identifying the wear law based on the results of tribological tests, Journal of Friction and Wear, 2017, 38(3), pp. 173-177.
5. Mezrin, A.M. (2009). Determining local wear equation based on friction and wear testing using a pin-on-disk scheme. Journal of Friction and Wear, 30(4), 242-245. doi:10.3103/S1068366609040035
6. Bulgarevich, S.B., Boiko, M.V., Lebedinskii, K.S., Marchenko D.Yu. (2014). Kinetics of sample wear on four-ball friction-testing machine using lubricants of different consistencies. Journal of Friction and Wear, 35(6), 531–537. doi:10.3103/S106836661406004X
7. Rezaei, A., Paepegem, W.V., Baets, P.D., Ost, W., Degrieck, J. (2012). Adaptive finite element simulation of wear evolution in radial sliding bearings. Wear, 296(1-2), 660-671. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wear.2012.08.013
8. Dykha, A.V., Kuzmenko, A.G. (2015). Solution to the problem of contact wear for four-ball wear-testing scheme. Journal of Friction and Wear, 36(2), 138-143. doi: 10.3103/S1068366615020051
9. Dykha, A., Sorokatyi, R. , Makovkin, O., Babak, O. Calculation-experimental modeling of wear of cylindrical sliding bearings. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 2017, 5/1 (89), 51-59. doi: 10.15587/1729-4061.2017.109638
10. Dykha A., Marchenko D. Prediction the wear of sliding bearings. International Journal of Engineer-ing & Technology, 2018, 7 (2.23), pp. 4–8. doi: 10.14419/ijet.v7i2.23.11872